SENIOR COMPUTER VISION & ROBOTICS ENGINEER
Location: Union City, CA
Work with an industry leading team of software and hardware computer vision and robotics engineers to commercialize leading edge inventory robotics solutions. Analysis, design, and develop algorithms and software for the organization’s aerial inventory robotics products and systems.
The senior computer vision/robotics engineer will work with the Inventory Robotics team to commercialize computer vision, location, and deep learning algorithms for aerial inventory robotics applications and devices using cameras, machine learning, and on device processing housed on Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) which interact with cloud services. Responsibilities for this position include:
- Development, prototype and commercialize computer vision, location based algorithms and system components to solve use case specific problems.
- Integration of algorithms into native code and optimized for aerial platforms.
- Development of SW frameworks and test applications used for integration of algorithms
- Experience with developing, debugging and profiling multithreaded software
- Manage large deep learning data sets
- Seek creative ways to streamline processing and workload
- Create solutions using machine learning, computer vision, localization, and association techniques
- Productizing of software solutions utilizing machine learning frameworks
- Verification of third party algorithms, components and sensors
- Analysis of third party algorithms and competitive solutions
- Creation of simulation frameworks to enhance development velocity
- Camera image quality verification and benchmarking
- Masters or PhD degree from an accredited university in Computer Science, Mathematics, Imaging Science or related.
- 5+ years
- Software / algorithm design
- C/C++ and Python programming experience
- Matlab and Python visioning libraries programming experiencE
- Industry experience developing computer vision technology
- 3+ year
- Linux experience (Ubuntu), including Linux-Embedded Systems (Odroid, Jetson, …)
- Distributed version control systems (GIT) and collaborations tools
- Software build and release systems
- Excellent mathematical and computer science skills
- Experience with computer vision/machine learning and robotics libraries (e.g., OpenCV, Matlab, Torch, PCL, ROS)
- Experience with 3D mapping, object detection and identification
- Knowledge software optimization and performance tuning
- Practical experience utilizing machine learning and common frameworks
- Theoretical knowledge in image processing and mathematics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and with a team, with remote development teams (international), remote technology partners
Interested in joining our growing team?
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know why you would like to work for PINC.