Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA or Remote
PINC, the world’s #1 advanced yard management system (YMS), inventory robotics, and real-time asset tracking solution provider is looking for the ideal sales director to help our growing company. Our customers include Kraft Foods, Kimberly-Clark, Supervalu, Cost Plus World Market, Daimler Trucks, DSC Logistics, DHL Supply Chain, and many other industry leading brands.
As a Sales Director, you will be responsible for all sales activities related to products offered by PINC; from lead generation through close. This will be accomplished by utilizing excellent, in-depth knowledge of company product offerings and programs, and implementing agreed upon sales strategy, use of Salesforce.com (SFDC), and travel within a designated market area.
Strong sales experience with Yard Management Systems, SaaS and Supply Chain and Logistics solutions is required and a technical background is preferred. Strong presentation skills and an ability to demonstrate our product offerings is a must.
This is a salary and commission based position with a moderate amount of travel required. This position will report to the VP of Sales.
- Using a consultative selling approach, identify client business issues, determine client desired outcomes and architect a solution that utilizes all PINC’s products and services
- Manage the communication and internal cooperation of PINC resources: Product Team, Support, Operations, Legal, Contract Admin and executive team to drive sales success
- Produce necessary proposals and presentations as well as prompt responses to prospect requests to facilitate the closing of a deal
- Maintain familiarity and adherence to all PINC methods and procedures
- Prioritize and maintain sales pipeline within assigned region, focusing on large or strategic opportunities, as defined by Sales. Report out on deal status and progress
- Travel as needed for the role. This varies by geography and can range up to 50% or more
- Daily use of SFDC to log and track all sales efforts
- Participation in RFP process as required to assist Solutions Architect
- Participation in weekly sales team calls and weekly one-on-one calls with VP of Sales
- Maintain a solid working knowledge and ability to demonstrate PINC products and services
- Complete all assigned product, services, policy and other training as assigned by management
Desired Skills and Experience
- Uniquely talented and highly intelligent with a results-oriented mindset
- Significant experience and background in transportation, warehouse management, yard management, asset tracking and management segments
- Proven track record of establishing and solidifying strategic relationships with key customers and partners, while representing suites of complex services, and/or advanced solutions
- Self-starter with a reputation for being an effective change agent
- Tenacious work ethic, doing “whatever it takes” with resolve, integrity and an appropriate sense of urgency to meet deadlines and get the job done
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work-related experience in a sales or sales management role
- Minimum of 5 years sales experience with a strong focus on C level and enterprise account experience
- Exceptional listening and verbal and written communication skills required
- Excellent presentation skills at all levels – ideally proven senior management level presentation expertise
Interested in joining our growing team? Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and let us know why you would like to work for PINC.